Congratulations on purchasing this protection plan. Please read the terms and conditions, so that you understand the coverage under this plan.
Note: The terms contained herein are specific terms and conditions applicable to the specific product i.e. Mi Extended Warranty.
This is applicable only on Mi LED Smart TV.
Mi Extended Warranty Features:
100% Cashless Repairs
- All labour and spare part costs are included in the plan fee.
Truly Unlimited repairs
- No restrictions on number or amount of claims during the plan period
Free Pickup and Drop
- Free Local transportation of your TV to Service Centre and back, if required.
Genuine spare parts
- Only genuine Mi spare parts are used to repair your TV
MI EXTENDED WARRANTY – SERVICE DESCRIPTION AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
This “Mi Extended Warranty” has been entered into between OneAssist Consumer Solutions Private Limited, herein after referred to as "OneAssist", incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and having CIN U93090MH2011PTC218163 and the name & address of the customer, herein referred to as “Customer”, mentioned in the application form.
The definitions as set out herein are in addition to the definitions as set out in the General Terms.
- "Customer" is an individual that purchases the Mi Extended Warranty services offered by Oneassist from the Official Channel.
- "TV", “Equipment” or “Product” shall mean the Xiaomi’s ‘mi’ branded smart TV televisions of the Customer. The Customer can only avail of the MI Extended Warranty Plan in relation to one TV, i.e. one Plan per TV.
- "SMS" shall mean short message service.
- “Service Partner” means any third-party service provider affiliated with OneAssist.
- “Personal Information/Data” shall mean and include such personal and financial information of the Customer relating to his/her data /or documents, in any medium including financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details, identification document details including passport, PAN card details, driving license, etc.
- “Plan(s)” shall mean the Mi Extended Warranty plan purchased by the Customer from the Official Channel, details of which are mentioned in the Welcome letter kit / Welcome email.
“Plan Fee” shall mean the fees charged to the Customer for the purchase of the Mi Extended Warranty and set out in the respective Plan Terms. The Plan Fee is applicable for the respective duration of the plan as mentioned below. The Plan Fee is inclusive of all applicable taxes.
“Official Channel” shall mean mi.com, related mobile website and application.
- “Normal Operating Condition” shall mean ability of the TV to perform its specified function subject to the acceptable level of change in performance due to ageing or climatic conditions. The acceptable level of change for this purpose will be as per the respective Manufacturer’s specifications.
- “Normal Use” shall mean use of the TV in accordance with the Manufacturer’s guidelines for Product usages.
- “Covered Breakdown” shall mean a breakdown covered under the manufacturer’s warranty period but suffered after the expiry of the Manufacturer’s Warranty Period and during the Mi Extended Warranty Period.
- “Onsite Repairs” shall mean that the repair technician will visit the premises where the product has been installed to provide the repair services for Xiaomi devices except mobile.
- “Manufacturer’s Warranty” shall mean the original Warranty provided by the respective Manufacturer to the respective product as per Manufacturer’s Warranty terms & conditions.
- “Manufacturer’s Warranty Period” The period of the manufacturer’s warranty cover as stated on the original official manufacturer’s warranty certificate and publications.
- “Mi Extended Warranty” shall mean an extension of manufacturer’s warranty terms by a continuous period of 1 year starting from the expiry of manufacturer’s warranty. The Mi Extended Warranty covers commences on the expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty period and shall continue to remain in force for a period as applicable, unless terminated earlier as per terms herein.
This Contract and the terms and conditions herein shall continue to remain in force if due to any reason, the manufacturer replaces the Product of the Customer with the Product of the same model during the manufacturer’s warranty period subject to such information being shared by you with OneAssist on any such occasion.
- “We, Us, Our” shall mean the issuer of Mi Extended Warranty i.e. OneAssist
- “You, Your” shall mean the person to whom we are issuing Mi Extended Warranty
CUSTOMER CONSENTS AND CONFIRMATIONS
- Further, the Customer has and hereby consents to the use of the Personal Information by OneAssist for the purposes of providing the various services under the Plan(s) offered by OneAssist. OneAssist respects the privacy of the Customer and the confidentiality of Customer’s Personal Information so collected by OneAssist by itself or on its behalf and shall take all reasonable steps to protect it and maintain its confidentiality.
- The Customer also hereby consents to the Personal Information being disclosed by OneAssist to any third party including any insurer, Service Partner of OneAssist who will be either providing the add-on insurance or other benefit and/or services on each of the Plan(s) for the purposes of fulfilment of the services or if required by law.
- The Customer expressly and without limitation, consents to OneAssist or its service partners recording phone calls between the Customer and OneAssist on the helpline numbers set out in the relevant Plan Terms in order for OneAssist to inter alia (i) provide a record of the instructions received from the Customer and to share the same with the Service Partners, if required, (ii) allow itself or its service partners to monitor quality standards, (iii) training purposes, and (iv) meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- The Customer acknowledges that OneAssist may engage third parties including Service Partners for the fulfilment of the services and the Customer hereby consents to OneAssist disclosing, to the extent relevant, the Customer’s Personal Information and/or details of Plan(s) availed by the Customer to inter alia (a) our affiliates Service Partners (b) to our suppliers, vendors, for the purposes of servicing the Customer.
- The Customer hereby consents to receiving periodic SMS / email communication from OneAssist of information pertaining to its product features / services.
OneAssist will cancel the Plan if the Customer has at any time:
i) agreed to help any third party to try to fraudulently or dishonestly obtain money from OneAssist or the Insurer; or
ii) is in violation of applicable law as may be relevant to the use of the Plan(s); or
iii) failed to meet the Terms and/or the Plan Terms, or to act in good faith, openly, honestly and in a bona fide manner towards OneAssist or the Insurer including by providing false or inaccurate information; and
iv) Customer fails to return to OneAssist or its authorized Service Partner(s) any goods/devices temporarily lent to him/her which are to be returned/reimbursed/paid as per the terms of the Plan to OneAssist or to its authorized Service Partner. No separate cancellation will be allowed for Mi Extended Warranty Plan.
WHAT MI EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERS
Mi Extended Warranty replicates the manufacturer’s warranty against any malfunctions or breakdown for the duration opted for by you. In consideration of the Plan fee paid by you, we will provide the cost of repair for the covered breakdown of your product as mentioned in the contract, during the period of extended warranty, subject to the terms and conditions, exceptions and limitation content herein.
We will organize for the repairs to normal operating condition or replace at our discretion with an equivalent product or provide a settlement by way of monetary settlement at our sole discretion, after it has suffered a covered break down during normal use.
This contract covers the cost of parts and labour for the product on an onsite service basis. Cost of local transportation is covered, if required, for transporting the unit to the service center and back for repairs which are not technically advisable to be performed at your premises.
CONDITION OF COVER
- You must be at least 18 years old on the date of purchase of Mi Extended Warranty
- Mi Extended Warranty is limited to products that are purchased within defined geographic boundary of the Republic of India.
- Mi Extended Warranty only applies to Products purchased as new. There is no cover for items described as ‘used’, ‘second hand’ or ‘refurbished’.
- Mi Extended Warranty will cover only products that are under the Manufacturer’s original warranty. Any condition/act that voids the manufacturer’s warranty would result in product becoming ineligible for Mi Extended Warranty.
- Mi Extended Warranty can only be purchased for products that haven’t been repaired under manufacturer’s warranty or otherwise before purchase of the plan. We reserve the right to reject any claim under Mi Extended Warranty if the product has been repaired prior to your purchasing the plan.
- Mi Extended Warranty is applicable for a period of 12 months (1 year) or for a period of 24 months (2 year) from the date of the expiry of the Manufacturer’s warranty, as opted by you at the time of purchasing the plan. The plan cover period is also mentioned in the email that will be sent to you post successful activation of your plan by you.
- The Mi Extended Warranty shall become effective on purchase.
- At point of service, during the Mi Extended Warranty duration, the customer is required to show the proof of purchase i.e. Product purchase invoice.
- OneAssist reserves the right to deny service if Customer fails to produce the above information.
- OneAssist or its authorized service providers shall provide Services only during normal working hours on regular working days of OneAssist and/or its authorized service providers.
- Normal Working hours would be 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on all days excluding Sundays and public holidays
- To avail services, you must present to OneAssist at the time of execution of this Contract proof of purchase (a copy of the purchase invoice) of the product in question.
- Mi Extended Warranty covers the cost of parts and labour charges for at-home service within the city/municipal limits of the OneAssist Service Centers. OneAssist will transport the product to service center for performing repairs, if required and if the product location is within its serviceable area.
- Providing service at locations which are not in the serviceable limit of OneAssist: OneAssist reserves the right to advise customer to get it repaired through an authorized brand service center and then claim reimbursement subject to satisfactory verification of documents/proofs as demanded by OneAssist.
In all such cases, the customer should present a repair estimate from the authorized brand service center and proceed with repairs only when explicit approval is given by us. Our liability in all such cases will be towards the covered damages only. All the documents should reach OneAssist within 30 days of your first intimating the claim to us.
- In case the defected unit needs to be transported to service center and it is outside the serviceable limit of OneAssist, Customer shall arrange for the same and OneAssist will reimburse the amount upon producing valid invoice towards the same. Customer shall take full responsibility of the product during transportation and damages during transportation shall not be covered under the Product Plans.
- During the validity of the Mi Extended Warranty, OneAssist will attend to the defects reported by the customer, including replacement of the defective electrical/electronic components that are required to be replaced to make the product electrically functional. This is subject to the condition, the breakdown of the product being due to normal usage.
- In case the damage/malfunction of the device is due to reasons other than that covered under manufacturer’s warranty or it is caused by conditions defined under exclusions, OneAssist shall offer to repair the device for the customer. The cost of such repairs like labour, visit, cost of parts replaced, cost of transporting the device to service center (if required) will have to be borne by the Customer.
- All defective components replaced by OneAssist shall become the property of OneAssist and the customer shall not claim any right to the same.
- Defects and/or Parts not covered under the original manufacturer’s warranty, will not be covered under Mi Extended Warranty.
- All defective components will be replaced with parts which are new.
- In case the cost of repair exceeds 80% of the cost of the product or the product cannot be repaired within the reasonable time or reasons beyond its control, OneAssist shall have the discretion to compensate the prevailing market value of the product post applicable depreciation. Please refer to the section ‘Terms of Replacement’ to know depreciation schedule.
- In case we compensate you as above, all our obligations under this contract are deemed fulfilled and the plan coverage stands terminated. The defective product in all such cases shall become our property and the same should not be destroyed, or damaged, or salvaged by you under any circumstances.
- OneAssist at its sole discretion determines the issuances of standby/loaner unit subject to availability and for select city and select product category.
- Customers are required to report the problem to OneAssist within 7 calendar days of its occurrence beyond which the request is liable to be rejected.
- It is customer’s responsibility to properly maintain, store and use your item according to the manufacturer instructions and take all reasonable steps to use your equipment as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- Customer agrees to return the defective spares or product to OneAssist wherever requested.
- Customer shall provide representative of OneAssist/its service provider full access to the Product/Equipment in order to effect necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Customer shall provide adequate storage space for spare parts, test Product/Equipment and adequate work space, heat, light, ventilation and electric current for use by representative of OneAssist/its authorized representative for provision of Services at Customer's location.
- Customer shall cooperate with OneAssist or it’s authorized representatives at the time of service request and will provide with all the requisite documents asked for, for processing the service request.
- Customer shall be responsible to de-install all add-ons and/or accessories from the Product/Equipment before providing the same to OneAssist for Services, maintain backup copy of all software and data, restore software and data on the unit after repair.
- Customer shall register all complaints/requests for Services only through official OneAssist Call Center's/One Assist App/OneAssist website.
- Customer shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Customer shall inform OneAssist in writing of any change in the billing address. Any written communication, billing statement or notice from OneAssist to Customer will be deemed as served within 48 hours of posting by ordinary mail or earlier as the case may be.
- Customer agrees that it shall be its responsibility to be aware of the Contract and the changes therein. Ignorance if any shall be the total responsibility of the Customer.
- The Customer understands that the Services have been subscribed on his/her own name and name change in any circumstances is not permitted.
- Customer shall not assign any right or interest or delegate any obligation arising herein to any person without OneAssist's prior written consent.
- The Customer is solely responsible for any unauthorized transfer/change in ownership of the Product/Equipment.
- Customer shall return the standby/loan spare parts, if any provided by OneAssist on or before OneAssist returning the original set/Spares to the Customer.
EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE UNDER THE CONTRACT
- Any problems or defects not covered by manufacturer’s warranty.
- Service of products which are not supported by valid Proof of Purchase by customer shall not be admissible under the policy.
- Non-operating and cosmetic damage to the Product, such as damage to paintwork, Product finish, dents or scratches.
- Accessories used in or with the Product including but not limited to remote, batteries, USB/HDMI cable and replacement of any consumable item or accessory
- Normal wear and tear items, items not integral or necessary to the functioning of the products or routine service, or if the wear and tear on the parts.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modifications and descaling
- Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or drips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Replacement of any consumable item or accessory which is not included in brand warranty.
- Damage caused by unauthorised modification, alteration, adjustment, repair, service or installation by unauthorised personnel is not covered. Such unauthorised repair or replacement of covered products shall result in the cancellation of this insured unit.
- Damage caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious damage, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of god, animal or insect infestation or intrusion.
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes.
- Any Incidental Costs arising from being unable to use the Product or from damage which results from the Breakdown of the Product.
- Service of product on which the Manufacturer’s label or logo, rating label or Serial number have been defaced or removed.
- Claims that is false or fraudulent or intentionally exaggerated or if any false declarations or statements be made in support thereof, no claim for that insured unit shall be recoverable hereunder.
- Service on third party products or software not supplied/authorized by the Manufacturer that may be installed in or used in connection with the product.
- Replacement or fixes of unauthorised software not installed by respective brand/company.
- Any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Product.
- Loss of data, software or any other information.
TERMS OF REPLACEMENT
If we offer to replace your product due to any reasons, we will offer you a replacement product or a monetary settlement amount reflecting prevailing market value of your product post applicable depreciation at our sole discretion.
Depreciation will be applied on the Sum Insured as follows:
|1st year of Mi Extended Warranty
|2nd year of Mi Extended Warranty
If we compensate you as above, all our obligations under this contract will be deemed fulfilled and there will no longer be any coverage under the plan.
CHARGES AND PAYMENT
- Charges payable by the Customer are exclusive of taxes, duties or levies unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- If due to any reasons the Product is replaced by the original manufacturer with a Product of different size /capacity/model/brand but of the same product category, Customer shall be responsible to make payment of differential amounts to OneAssist for increase in the charges due to change in the Products/Equipment.
- OneAssist shall however, not be responsible for refunding any money to the Customer if replacement of the Product/Equipment by the original manufacturer with a Product/Equipment of different size/capacity/model/brand but of the same product category leads to reduction in the charges for Services.
- Charges payable for accessories used for Re-installation, if not provided by customer will have to be borne by the customer.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- The validity, construction and performances of terms herein shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India,
- The parties hereto unconditionally and irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Courts in Mumbai with regard to any matter or dispute arising hereto or any other documents that may be executed by the parties hereto.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- OneAssist shall be liable to the customer for any damages resulting from or related to any services performed by OneAssist hereunder, including, but not limited to, any loss of data or software, inability of OneAssist to correct any errors, malfunctions and defects in the product/equipment/hardware/software delay of OneAssist in performing any services hereunder.
- In no event, shall OneAssist be liable to the customer for any indirect, special, or consequential damages or lost profits arising out of or related to services provided by the OneAssist under this contract, even if OneAssist has been advised of the possibility thereof, or knew or should have known thereof.
- The maximum liability of OneAssist for each incidence shall not be greater than the invoice value of the appliance in any case whatsoever.
TERMINATION OF PLAN
In addition to the typical termination that exists in OneAssist Mi Extended Warranty T&C, the Plan will be terminated in the following scenarios:
At the closing hours of the coverage end date and if we replace your product or offer you a monetary settlement in lieu of the same, whichever happens earlier.
- You are required to intimate about the loss to OneAssist within 7 calendar days of its occurrence beyond which the request is liable to be rejected.
- You should file a claim using OneAssist Mobile App(s) or by logging onto our website, fill in all required details. You must upload a copy of the purchase invoice for the product in question, if not already done. Please call us on 1800-123-3330 (toll-free) and we will be happy to guide you.
- The Terms will inure to the benefit of the legal successors of OneAssist or the customer. Other than as stated above, no assignment of the Terms is possible.
- OneAssist will not incur any liability to the other party on account of any loss or damage resulting from any delay or failure to perform all or any part of these Terms if such delay or failure is caused, in whole or in part, by events, occurrences, or causes beyond the control and without negligence of the parties. Such events, occurrences, or causes will include, without limitation, acts of God, bandhs, riots, acts of war, natural disaster, fire and explosions, or any other events reasonably beyond the control of either party.
- The Terms along with the relevant Plan Terms constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect and in relation to the Plan (including any modification or amendment thereto) subscribed or availed of by the Customer and supersedes all previous communications, representations, understandings and agreements, either oral or written.
- The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India.
- All disputes arising in connection with the Terms and/or the respective Plan Term(s) shall be finally settled by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with the said Rules. The seat of arbitration shall be Mumbai. The language of the arbitration proceedings shall be English. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties.