Mi SCREEN PROTECT PLAN
How to Claim?
- Customers can call Digit Contact Centre at the toll free number 180030034448/ 18002585956 or email at email@example.com about any screen damage to the device, the claim will be then validated and registered in the system
- Remote Device Diagnostics and Self-Assessment video links will be sent to customer through email and SMS, which the customer must complete immediately
- Post receiving the diagnostic report and video from customer, the claim is assessed internally and In principle approval for the amount of screen replacement and deductible is shared with the customer
- Post confirmation from the customer on the amount, he will be directed to the nearest and convenient Mi authorized service centre
- Customer must visit a Mi service centre. Service network will initiate repair after customer pays the deductible (₹350 plus taxes). Service centre will return the device post replacement of the screen.
Mi Screen Protect Plan by Digit Services
GDISPL will be offering Mi Screen Protect Plan to mi.com customers who will be governed by following terms and conditions. On the purchase of a Mi Screen Protect Plan by a customer, GDISPL will issue a plan summary (“Plan Summary”) to the customer.
This plan can only be purchased along with new orders of Redmi Note 6 Pro (not applicable on any other phones). All other transactions will be cancelled and refunded.
- Accidental Damage: An accident that causes physical damage to the Screen of the Asset, which is caused suddenly by an outside force and is not expected and not deliberate. This also includes damage caused due to fire and allied perils.
- Age of Asset: Age of the Asset as on the day it is damaged calculated from the invoice date
- Authorized Repair Shop: Shops authorised for carrying out Asset repair.
- Service Charge: This is the part of the Screen Repair Cost that is to be paid by customer. This will apply separately for each and every incidence.
- Asset: Xiaomi Products purchased by customers from Retail Partners.
- Mechanical & Electrical Breakdown: Means direct loss to an asset caused by, resulting from, or consisting of:
a. Failure of pressure or vacuum equipment;
b. Mechanical or electrical failure including arcing
- Protection Period: It is the period for which asset protection is provided by GDISPL as stated in the Plan Summary.
- Plan Limit: This is the maximum amount that GDISPL will pay for any one loss as set out in the Plan Summary.
- Theft: Theft as defined in Indian Penal Code shall mean whoever, intending to take dishonestly any movable property out of the possession of any person without that person's consent, moves that property in order to such taking, is said to commit theft.
- Territorial Limits: Shall mean the territory of India. However, Protection under this plan will extend to short overseas trips as long as the period of travel, outside India, does not exceed sixty (60) days in a single trip. In the event of an Accidental / Liquid damage to the protected Asset, while travelling overseas, the repair shall be covered, only if done at Authorised Repair Shop within the territory of India
- Burglary: Any act of actual, forcible, violent entry and/or exit from the premises of the customer, with intent to commit an act of crime and may also include housebreaking.
GDISPL will offer the below protection cover to Retail Partners’ customers as part of the Mi Screen Protect Plan.
Accidental Damage to Screen
Screen of the Asset is protected against any physical damage resulting from Accidental Damage subject to the definitions, limitations, exclusions, terms and conditions of this plan. This cover is restricted to Screen Damage Only.
- Any Asset not specifically mentioned in the plan.
- Accidental Loss i.e. accidentally leaving your Phone, in a location whereby you are permanently unable to use or locate it, Mechanical & Electrical Breakdown, Theft & Burglary and any Accidental Damage other than Screen Damage.
- Mysterious disappearance of the protected asset is not covered.
- Any damage to your phone due to any liquid getting into the phone or any other accidental damage other than that to your screen.
- Theft of the phone is not covered.
- Service charge levied is as applicable and mentioned in the plan.
- Any non-disclosure (partial or full)/fraudulent disclosure, misrepresentations of information/facts can make your protection plan invalid.
- Any consequential loss or damage including but not limited to bodily injury/illness/harmful effect due to usage of/inability to use the protected asset.
- Any loss caused due to contributory negligence will be invalid. A loss shall be deemed to have been caused by contributory negligence where caused due to the failure to take “Reasonable Care”.
- Loss or damage resulting out of misuse or abuse, unlawful act or illegal activities including criminal acts or intentional or fraudulent act with an objective to gain undue benefit or economical gain.
- Loss or damage due to war, war like operations (whether war has been declared or not), invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, uprising, military or, usurped power or resulting from seizure or detention or attachment of asset in light of any direction issued by a judicial / quasi-judicial / police or any other Government Agency or Public Authority including Financers/Banks.
- Loss or damage caused due to intentional overloading or strain, over-running or excessive pressure, excessive charging is not covered.
- Any loss or damage to the protected asset which exists prior to plan activation.
- Expenses which are regular in nature and required to maintain the asset in proper condition as recommended by the manufacturer are not covered.
- Any loss whatsoever to the third party including without limitation to persons and/or property arising due to usage of the Asset is not covered.
- Wear and tear i.e. gradual deterioration associated with normal use and age of the asset, cosmetic damages including but not limited to peeling of paint, minor scratches is not covered.
- Loss or damage to fittings/fixtures/accessories/consumables which forms the part of original asset as supplied by the manufacturer unless damaged or lost along with the asset and at the same time.
- Loss of/damage to data and contents including pictures, software, downloads, apps, music or any other content is not covered by this plan.
- Cost of replacement of Battery/SIM Card/Memory Card/Consumables unless damaged at the same time. This can be due to an accidental external impact or liquid damage including Internal leakage of the battery or damage caused due to overcharging, or caused due to use of unauthorized charger in violation to manufacturer’s guidelines leading to damage to power board or mother board.
- This plan doesn’t cover loss, damage, cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any act of terrorism regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss. For the purpose of this exclusion, an act of terrorism means an act or series of acts, including but not limited to the use of force or violence and/or the threat thereof, of any person or group(s) of persons, whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s), or unlawful associations, recognized under Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act, 2008 or any other related and applicable national or state legislation formulated to combat unlawful and terrorist activities in the nation for the time being in force, committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public or any section of the public in fear for such purposes.
This exclusion also includes loss, damage, cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to the above.
- Any financial loss caused as a result of cyber-attack or fraud while the asset was in use.
BASIS OF LOSS SETTLEMENT
In the event of damage to the protected Asset stated in the plan due to “Accidental Damage” to the screen, your phone will be repaired at an Authorized Centre subject to the maximum of Plan Limit mentioned in the Plan Summary issued to you.
Multiple Losses - Restricted to two (2) Losses Only
In the event of Screen Damage, your phone will be repaired at an Authorized Centre and this will be subject to maximum of plan limit as mentioned in the Plan Summary issued to you. Once the amount for first screen damage is paid, there will be automatic re-instatement of plan limit which can be utilized for the second screen damage.
This is the part of the Screen Repair Cost that is to be paid by customer. This will apply separately for each and every incidence. The service charge (₹350 plus tax) will be a uniform amount as decided between Xiaomi, Digit and the Authorised Repair Shop from time to time.
- Reasonable Care: The customer shall:
a. Take all reasonable steps to safeguard the asset against any damage.
b. Take all reasonable steps to prevent a loss from arising under this plan.
- Jurisdiction: The construction, interpretation and meaning of the provisions of this plan shall be determined in accordance with the law of India. In case of any loss arising in respect of the asset hereby protected, the same shall be settled and paid in India and further that all legal proceedings in respect of any such loss shall be instituted in a competent court of India only and loss would be paid in INR only.
- A maximum of 2 events resulting in damage to screen shall be allowed under the plan subject to terms and conditions of the plan.
Customer will be required to submit following documents for loss assessment:
||Accidental Damage to the Screen
|Loss Form (Digital)
|Discharge Voucher (Digital)
|Photograph of damaged gadget – E Copy
|Purchase Invoice – E Copy
|Repair Estimate - (Digital)
|Repair Bill/Replacement bill copy - E Copy