When can I buy Mi Screen Protection?
You can buy Mi Screen Protection plan with the purchase of your new Device or upto 3 days after delivery from mi.com.
How do I activate for Mi Screen Protection?
Your Mi Screen Protect membership will be automatically activated. If you have purchased Mi Screen Protect along with the phone, you would receive the activation email within 24 hours of product delivery. If you have purchased the Mi Screen Protect within 3 days of phone delivery, you will receive an activation email within 24 hours of purchase.If you have not received the activation email from OneAssist within the stipulated time, please reach out at 1800 123 3330 or 0 8080 333 333 immediately.
How many times I can claim for Repair with Mi Screen Protection?
You can claim twice during your membership tenure with Mi Screen Protection Plan.
Can I Cancel the membership and get refund?
Your Mi Screen Protect membership will be cancelled automatically if the order is cancelled. Mi Screen Protect cannot be cancelled separately.
Can I get my device repaired by my own engineer?
No, you cannot get the handset repair from any other service center or Engineer and need to call OneAssist to get your device repaired. OneAssist will direct you to get your device repaired through the nearest Xiaomi authorized service center after collection & verification of documents.
In what all scenario Mi Screen Protection coverage is not applicable?
Below mention are some of the important Exclusions under which Mi Screen Protection is not applicable:a)Damage due to Negligence
b)Loss or damage due to theft.
c)Any claim arising from abuse, misuse or neglect
d)Any kind of Intentional Damage
e)If device is purchased outside INDIA
f)Normal wear and tear OR cosmetic damages
g)Routine maintenance, adjustment, modification or service.
My device is having more damage than Screen, what should I do?
In case the damages are more than Screen: you will have the option to pay for the balance amount except Screen Repair charges to the Xiaomi service center.
My device is BER, how Screen Protection Plan will help me?
In case your device is declared BER or cannot be repaired we will settle you with the Screen Repair charges after deduction.
What are the deduction associated with Mi Screen Protection?
You will be required to pay Rs. 350 + GST as deductibles for each and every claim to the Xiaomi Service Centre.
The screen of my Xiaomi device is damaged accidently, do I need to pay for its repair?
If you have purchased the Mi Protect along with your Xiaomi device at mi.com/in, then you don’t need to pay for the repair. You just need to pay nominal excess charges as per the terms and conditions shared with you during the time of activation. The nominal excess charge is the insured share of the liability which customer needs to pay as per insurance guidelines.
I have already made a claim under Mi Protect, am I allowed to make another claim?
Yes, you can make another claim (up to 2 claims) during the tenure of your Mi Protect membership, provided your previous claim was not settled under Total Loss or Beyond Economic Repair category.
What is not covered under Mi Protect plan?
The scenarios which won't be covered under Mi Protect are:
• Loss or damage to the device due to mysterious circumstances / disappearance or unexplained reasons.
• Fraud or criminal activity on the part of the Insured (the customer).
• Claim on device during the hire or loan of the insured device to a third party.
• Loss resulting from detention or confiscation by customs or other Government or public authorities.
• Any failure of the Device to operate as a result of problems with respect to the network infrastructure, Subscriber's network subscription or similar service issues.
• Loss of or Damage to the Device that is registered in the name of a Corporate Entity, unless a nominee has been appointed by them as a Bona fide user.
• Loss arising due to any unlawful act or illegal activities including criminal acts, or acts of war or the handset is used with permission of the Bona fide Subscriber having knowledge of such acts.
• Consequential loss of any kind or description.
• Liability to any party of any nature including but not limited to liability of Authorised Service center to other parties. OneAssist will get the device repaired in case of any failure of repair.
• Loss or damage caused by incorrect storage, poor maintenance, willful negligence, incorrect installation, incorrect set-up, unless the Authorised Service Center representative would confirm otherwise with due substantiation.
• Loss or damage as a result of attack by un-authorised software/virus, software faults and manufacturing defect owing to which a device fails to operate.
• Loss or damage that is covered by a supplier, dealer or factory warranty.
• Any loss if the ownership of the device is transferred.
• Any consequence arising from War, War time operations (whether War declared or not) , Act of Foreign Enemy, Hostilities, Civil War, Rebellion, Insurrection, Civil Commotion, Military usurped power, Seizure, Capture, Confiscation, Arrest. Restraints and or Detainment by order of any Government or any other Authority.
• Any liability whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from ionizing radioactive or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste from combustion of nuclear fuel. For the purpose of this exclusion only combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission.
• Any loss, destruction, damage or legal liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from nuclear weapon materials, Wear and tear, moth, vermin or gradual deterioration, inherent defect or from any process of cleaning or repairing or renovating or maintenance.
• Any type of self-repair or attempted self-repair.
• Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown or electronic derangement or malfunction unless caused by an external accidental means or liquid.
• Penalties of delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency of the device.
• Intentional overloading of the instrument. Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting into any abnormal conditions.
• Cost of Replacement of Battery unless caused by an accidental or liquid damage to the Device.
• Any damage or loss occasioned from any water borne craft, unless such damage is caused by the accidental ingress of liquid/water, and if the Subscriber has taken reasonable care to protect the Device from damage.
• Any manufacturing defect which is covered under Manufacturer's warranty Product defects whether latent / inherent or not.
• Any loss of or damage to the SIM card / memory card unless caused by an insured peril.
• Loss or damage to accessories unless they are attached to the Device.
• Internal leakage of the battery, unless caused by an insured peril. Damage occurred while the Device is situated outside India providing the Customer is a Non Resident Indian.
• Any instance where you are not a resident of India at the time the Damage occurred.
• Any loss the named Subscribers may suffer or cost to the Subscriber for:
• Damage to, or costs or charges, when repairing or replacing aerials or battery chargers where these items are the only part of the device that have been Damaged or stolen;
• any Damage caused by any deliberate act or negligence by the Insured Member(s), their employees or any person using the device with their permission;
• costs or charges when replacing car kits or car Devices and other accessories which can no longer be used with the device;
• costs involved in returning the device for repair, or collecting the device once it has been repaired;
• costs caused by the device being routinely serviced, inspected, adjusted or cleaned;
• Any loss related to indemnification for the Value added services
• The Insurer shall not be liable for any loss or damage claim due to the inability of the Subscriber and insured to submit either of the claim processing and claim payment documents required by the Insurer for processing the Claim
• The policy shall not be liable for any claim if information has intentionally been withheld or incorrect information or misrepresentations have been intentionally given that are of significance to the assessment of the claim.
What is Total Loss or Beyond Economic repair category?
Total Loss or Beyond Economic Repair is when the repair cost of the handset is more than 80% of the invoice value. You will get applicable amount as per the depreciation chart given in the Terms & Conditions for your handset.
What is BER (Basis of Partial loss) Cases ?
If Repair cost of the device is more than 80%, such cases are eligible for BER case.Loss or damage to insured device shall be settled at market value or Sum Insured or Invoice Value whichever is the lowest, after charging the depreciation as per the depreciation chart below and in no case, will be more than the Sum insured.Depreciation Chart: Applicable only for Total loss cases [To any instrument / component]
|Age of the Insured Device||Depreciation %|
|Up to 6 months||20%|
|6 months to 1 year||30%|
|1 year to 2 year||40%|
There are too many people rushing in at the moment, please stay with us.
There are too many people flooding in right now, please try again soon.