1.Is the memory expandable on Mi NoteBook 14?No. The Mi NoteBook 14with 8 GB of DDR4 RAM
2.Is the storage expandable Mi NoteBook 14?he storage drive is an M.2 SSD on the Mi NoteBook 14 which can be replaced with another one. However, there is no additional storage slot for addinrrang one more storage drive.
Before replacing your storage drive, please note that you would need to have a backup of your OS and files before making this change. You would need to make a bootable pen drive from the Mi.com website to reinstall Windows after your storage device has been upgraded. (This may void your warranty).
The maximum supported speed on the slot is SATA 3 at 6 Gbps on Mi NoteBook 14.
2.Is the processor or GPU upgradeable on Mi NoteBook 14?No, the processor and GPU are not upgradeable on Mi NoteBook 14.
3.What does the Mi NoteBook 14 come preloaded with?• MS Windows 10 Home Edition
• Office 365 One month trial
• DTS Audio Processing App Support to fine tune audio levels for the best content consumption experience
• Mi Blaze Unlock, an app which enables Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4 users to unlock the notebook in 1.2 s when nearby
• Mi Smartshare, another app which enables fast file transfer between the notebook and any mobile device or other notebooks nearby
4.How many hours of battery life can I expect from Mi NoteBook 14?Our extensive lab tests indicate that you can get up to 10 hours of battery life on regular usage - a mix of daily productivity tasks. With local video playback at medium brightness you can get upto 13 hours of battery backup. Battery life will vary on actual usage depending on settings and usage. E.g. Playing a game on battery will reduce the charge on the battery quickly on Mi NoteBook 14. It’s recommended to run demanding applications while being plugged in to the wall.
5.Are any of the Mi NoteBook 14 touch screen enabled? Can they be flipped backwards?No, the Mi NoteBook 14 is not touch screen enabled. They only fold up to 140 degrees.
6.Does the keyboard come with a backlight on Mi NoteBook 14?No, the keyboard does not come with a backlight.
7.Does the Mi NoteBook 14 come with an Ethernet port for LAN connectivity?No, there is no Ethernet port connectivity option on the Mi NoteBook 14
8.Is it possible to use a higher capacity battery with these Mi NoteBook 14?No, we do not recommend nor provide higher capacity batteries than the one pre-installed at 46 Wh. You will get upto 10 hours of usage with this battery.
9.Does Mi NoteBook 14 come with CD/DVD ROM drive?No, we have not included this feature in our notebooks.
10.Does Mi NoteBook 14 come with a webcam?In our first iteration of Mi NoteBooks, a webcam has not been integrated into the device. However, since a lot of users will need a webcam for Work-from-home or Learn-from-home scenarios, we are bundling a detachable and free USB HD webcam. This can be conveniently used when required and removed at other times on Mi NoteBook 14.
11.What is the warranty on the Mi NoteBook 14?Mi NoteBook 14 comes with 12 Months of warranty on product and accessories
12.How to resolve service queries for Mi NoteBook 14?You can avail Walk-in Service and Home Service on Mi NoteBook 14:
1) Walk-in Service as well as Home Service (Using online appointment System) - https://miservicemanager.mi.com/customer.html
2) 450+ ASC Network in India with 600 Trained Manpower (Covering all Metro Cities & Tiers)
3) 19.4K Pin codes Coverage
14.The trackpad doesn’t seem to respond to touch – Can you help?If your trackpad doesn’t respond to your touch, please follow these steps before getting in touch with customer service.
- On the top of the keyboard, please locate the key which has an image of the trackpad. On the Mi Notebook 14, it is F12 and on the Mi Notebook Horizon Edition, it is F9. This is a toggle switch to enable / disable the trackpad.
- Please press this key and then check if the trackpad works. If it does, your trackpad is perfectly fine and it had been toggled off earlier. If it doesn’t, then please go ahead and get in touch with customer service.
15. The shortcut keys on the top panel of the keyboard aren’t working – Can you help?If the short cut keys don’t work, please use either of these steps:
- Option 1, Unlock the Fn key (Recommended) : Hold the ‘Fn’ key on the keyboard and tap the ‘Esc’ key. This will toggle to ‘Fn Unlock’ state and enable the shortcut keys.
- Option 2, Lock the Fn key: If you prefer having to use the Fn key every time instead, then toggle the ‘Fn + Esc’ shortcut again to lock Fn keys. Now, you’d have to hold Fn key along with the shortcut key you want to use.
16.I would like to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. How do I do this?We don’t recommend you reinstalling the operating system on your laptop as far as possible. Please use this as a last resort after trying other options. Also note that you would have to take a backup of all your important data in a separate storage device or upload to a cloud storage account before attempting a reinstallation. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Visit the “Download Windows 10” section on the Microsoft website - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
- Step 2: Choose the second option: “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)”
- Step 3: In case you haven’t already, take a backup of important files at this point. There’s no going back after this!
- Step 4: Use the installation media (Bootable disk) to install Windows 10 on the SSD. When prompted, delete the existing partitions and then proceed to install a fresh copy of Windows instead of upgrade.
- Step 5: Follow the installation wizard step by step and choose your personalized settings, and also log in using your account.
- Step 6: Install the latest drivers for your laptop from this link: https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/laptop-drivers.html
With this, you should have been able to install Windows 10 successfully on your laptop. If any functions don’t work, follow Step 6 and install the specific driver relevant for your laptop model.
Also, If you have any challenges with Windows during the process, you can reach out to Microsoft customer support directly : https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
17.I would like to update the drivers for my laptop. Where are the latest drivers available?You can find the latest drivers for your laptop at this location: https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/laptop-drivers.html. Important: Please download and install only drivers for your laptop model