Mi Notebook 14 Horizon
1. Is the memory expandable on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition?No. All the Mi Notebook models come with 8 GB of DDR4 RAM.
2.Is the storage expandable on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon EditionThe storage drive is an M.2 SSD on all Mi Notebooks. On the Mi NoteBook Horizon Edition it’s a PCIE Gen 3 NVME SSD.
If you think a storage upgrade is required, for higher capacity or speed, please get in touch with the nearest Mi service center.
A Mi Service center is equipped with the right personal and tools to manage the whole process.
Please note that if you attempt to do this yourself, you may damage your device and losing your warranty.
3.What does the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition come preloaded with? ?Every Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition comes pre-loaded with
• MS Windows 10 Home Edition
• Office 365 - One month trial
• DTS Audio Processing App Support to fine tune audio levels for the best content consumption experience
• Mi Blaze Unlock, an app which enables Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4 users to unlock the notebook in 1.2 s when nearby
• Mi Smartshare, another app which enables fast file transfer between the notebook and any mobile device or other notebooks nearby
4.Does the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition come with USB C charging?No, the USB C port only offers data transfer. It does not support USB C charging.
5.How many hours of battery life can I expect on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition?Our extensive lab tests indicate that you can get upto 10 hours of battery life on regular usage - a mix of daily productivity tasks on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition. With local video playback at medium brightness you can get upto 13 hours of battery backup. Battery life will vary on actual usage depending on settings and usage. E.g. Playing a game on battery will reduce the charge on the battery quickly. It’s recommended to run demanding applications while being plugged in to the wall.
6.Does the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition offer fast charging?Yes, Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition is supported with 1C charging - The 65W charger which comes with every Mi Notebook offers helps you get from 0% to 50% in just over 30 minutes.
7.Is the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition touch screen enabled? Can they be flipped backward?No, the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition is not touch screen enabled. They only fold up to 140 degrees.
8.Does the keyboard come with a backlight on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition?No, the keyboard does not come with a backlight on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition.
9.Does Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition come with CD/DVD ROM drive?No, we have not included this feature in our Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition.
10.What kind of games can I play on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition?With the variants which have either the MX 250 or the MX 350 GPU, you can easily play popular e-sports games like Fortnite, CS:GO, Rocket League and more on 1080P Medium settings. You can also run single player games like GTA V, Forza Horizon well with similar settings. It's recommended to tweak settings for best performance once installed.
As a general rule, make sure to check the game’s recommended minimum specs before attempting to install it.
11.Does Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition come with an Ethernet port for LAN connectivity?No, there is no ethernet port connectivity option in the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition
12.Does Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition come with a webcam?In our first iteration of Mi NoteBooks, a webcam has not been integrated into the device. However, since a lot of users will need a webcam for Work-from-home or Learn-from-home scenarios, we are bundling a detachable and free USB HD webcam. This can be conveniently used when required and removed at other times on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition.
* Free Webcam will not be provided against orders placed between 29th September-27th October 2021 & 2nd Dec 12 pm - 31st Dec 2021.
13.How to resolve service queries for Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition?A: You can avail Walk-in Service and Home Service on Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition:
1) Walk-in Service as well as Home Service (Using online appointment System) - https://miservicemanager.mi.com/customer.html
2) 450+ ASC Network in India with 600 Trained Manpower (Covering all Metro Cities & Tiers)
3) 19.4K Pin codes Coverage
14.The trackpad doesn’t seem to respond to touch – Can you help?If your trackpad doesn’t respond to your touch, please follow these steps before getting in touch with customer service.
- On the top of the keyboard, please locate the key which has an image of the trackpad. On the Mi Notebook 14, it is F12 and on the Mi Notebook Horizon Edition, it is F9. This is a toggle switch to enable / disable the trackpad.
- Please press this key and then check if the trackpad works. If it does, your trackpad is perfectly fine and it had been toggled off earlier. If it doesn’t, then please go ahead and get in touch with customer service.
15. The shortcut keys on the top panel of the keyboard aren’t working – Can you help?If the short cut keys don’t work, please use either of these steps:
- Option 1, Unlock the Fn key (Recommended) : Hold the ‘Fn’ key on the keyboard and tap the ‘Esc’ key. This will toggle to ‘Fn Unlock’ state and enable the shortcut keys.
- Option 2, Lock the Fn key: If you prefer having to use the Fn key every time instead, then toggle the ‘Fn + Esc’ shortcut again to lock Fn keys. Now, you’d have to hold Fn key along with the shortcut key you want to use.
16.I would like to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. How do I do this?We don’t recommend you reinstalling the operating system on your laptop as far as possible. Please use this as a last resort after trying other options. Also note that you would have to take a backup of all your important data in a separate storage device or upload to a cloud storage account before attempting a reinstallation. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Visit the “Download Windows 10” section on the Microsoft website - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
- Step 2: Choose the second option: “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)”
- Step 3: In case you haven’t already, take a backup of important files at this point. There’s no going back after this!
- Step 4: Use the installation media (Bootable disk) to install Windows 10 on the SSD. When prompted, delete the existing partitions and then proceed to install a fresh copy of Windows instead of upgrade.
- Step 5: Follow the installation wizard step by step and choose your personalized settings, and also log in using your account.
- Step 6: Install the latest drivers for your laptop from this link: https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/laptop-drivers.html
With this, you should have been able to install Windows 10 successfully on your laptop. If any functions don’t work, follow Step 6 and install the specific driver relevant for your laptop model.
Also, If you have any challenges with Windows during the process, you can reach out to Microsoft customer support directly : https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
17.I would like to update the drivers for my laptop. Where are the latest drivers available?You can find the latest drivers for your laptop at this location: https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/laptop-drivers.html. Important: Please download and install only drivers for your laptop model